Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dad

I created my LiveJournal on January 24, 2001, which I realize is now over 10 years ago. WEIRD. Anyhow, I was an avid user during my high school years but have wisely since gone through and made private the 1000+ angsty entries I posted there. BUT in 2006, I wrote a post including a great series of photos of my dad. Because these photos are so great, I have decided to repost them here for mostly a whole new audience. (Sorry for the repeat, G!)

So this is a series I like to call, "MY DAD IS AWESOME BECAUSE..."

... he once was a baby who couldn't walk.... he has been an avid bike rider for over 50 years.... he wore this funny Gunsmoke tshirt.... he appears to have had at least one broken arm for most of his childhood.
... he could carry ten times his own weight.... he was friends apparently with "The Outsiders." (He's front/right, the small one).... he has this jawline that I have never seen.... he sported the comb-over for his senior picture.
... he is a smart ass.... he wore hats and drove this car (which later caught on fire).
... he thinks weddings (and that ruffle shirt) are HILARIOUS.... he loves my mom.... he had these bowling friends in the '70s and still has them now.... HE'S MY DAD!
(We also apparently only take pictures together around Christmas time.)

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

this is one of my favorites!