Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Librarian Days

Meeting new people is hard, or at least I think it is. That could be partially because I am reluctant to ever leave my home, but that's neither here nor there. My cousin was in town over the weekend, and with her I was able to meet a couple new people. The realization that came along with that whole experience is how much I love having a one-word job title. Let me illustrate.

In 2009 when I met a new person, this happened:
stranger: So what do you do?
me: Well, I'm a proposal manager.
stranger: Like wedding proposals? Har har.
FRIENDSHIP OVER.

In 2011 when I met a new person, this happened:
stranger: So what do you do?
me: I work in a library.
stranger: You're a librarian?
me: Well no not technically since I don't have my Master's yet, but mumble mumble.
STRANGER ASLEEP.

In 2012 when I meet a new person, this happens:
stranger: So what do you do?
me: I'm a librarian.
stranger: Oh cool.
ZING.

P.S. This is just a long-winded way of telling my blog that I've finished my Master's. BOOM SHAKALAKA.

3 comments:

Brandon said...

I'm pretty sure I made (or would make) that wedding proposal joke and then say HAR HAR. As our friendship ended?!?

Oh, and congratulations!!!

jessica said...

yes.

jessica said...

j/k forgiven!